May is here, and summer is just around the corner. You know what that means…more time for endless reading!
If you’re a bookworm like me, this bucket list will keep you entertained all summer long. So turn up the AC, grab an ice cold drink, and let’s get started.
- Visit your local library. Now that COVID restrictions are starting to ease, the library is the first place I’m heading back to! Pick up a stack of books at the start of the summer, and challenge yourself to see how many you can get through before they’re due.
- Take your favorite book outdoors. Whether you’re reading on the beach or in your backyard, taking my book out in the sunshine is one of my favorite summer pleasures.
- Read a classic you’ve been putting off. Great Expectations, Romeo and Juliet, The Great Gatsby…it’s so easy to skip over reading the classics if we weren’t forced to read them in school. Pick just one this summer that you’re going to cross off your list!
- Attend a book-related event. Whether at your local bookstore or virtually, authors are always putting on events for their readers these days! Browse through the listings and pick an event to attend.
- Pick up the pen. Have you always wanted to write a book of your own? This summer is your chance! Set aside some time to dream up a book idea and finally put pen to paper.
What’s on your bucket list this summer? Let me know in the comments below!