1. “When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.” –Erma Bombeck
2. “Having one child makes you a parent; having two you are a referee.” –David Frost
3. “I used to believe my father about everything but then I had children myself & now I see how much stuff you make up just to keep yourself from going crazy.” –Unknown
4. “Having a child is liking getting a tattoo…on your face. You better be committed.” —Eat, Pray, Love
5. “The only thing kids wear out faster than shoes is their parents.” –John J. Plomp
6. “A two-year-old is kind of like having a blender, but you don’t have a top for it.” –Jerry Seinfeld
7. “Most children threaten to run away from home. This is the only thing that keeps some parents going.” –Phyllis Diller
8. “Like all parents, my husband and I just do the best we can, and hold our breath, and just hope we’ve set aside enough money to pay for our kids’ therapy.” –Michelle Pfeiffer
9. “Kids are like buckets of disease that live in your house.” –Louis C.K.
10. “Bedtime: The perfect time for kids to ask questions, request food, require additional bathroom breaks, and need a new nightlight.” (Or go on adventures with a zany red crocodile!) –Sands Hetherington
What are some of your favorite parenting quotes? Any of these strike a cord? Let me know in the comments below!